Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DS2438 battery monitoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiro

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need some help in monitoring the capacity of a cell lithium-ion battery using DS2438. I had successfully measure the voltage and the current of the battery of the battery but I failed to measured the capacity. I getting 0 for my result of capacity. Can anyone help me with this? May be there is some problems with my circuit. Can anyone show me the circuit diagram also.

Thanks

Please give some more details explanation about ur project.

R u charging the battery while measuring voltage and current?

If u r measuring voltage and current that means battery is charging . if battery is charging than u can easily calculate the capacity.

Regards
Chanchal

If u r measuring voltage and current that means battery is charging . if battery is charging than u can easily calculate the capacity.

I am discharging the battery while measuring but can you show me about calculating the capacity when charging?
I am interested with it.

Hi, so maybe show us your circuit

I will try my best to provide the circuit diagram by tomorrow as I am quite busy today.

Thanks

When you are charging battery just measure the battery current wrt charging time.
After fully charging the battery just do averaging of current and multiply with total charging time. Based on that you can find out battery charging capacity.

Just make sure that battery is charging.

Regards
Chanchal

I need some help in monitoring the capacity of a cell lithium-ion battery using DS2438. I had successfully measure the voltage and the current of the battery of the battery but I failed to measured the capacity. I getting 0 for my result of capacity. Can anyone help me with this? May be there is some problems with my circuit. Can anyone show me the circuit diagram also.

Thanks

Dear Jiro,
I'm facing the same issues as u explained above. I could read battery voltage and battery current, but remaining battery capacity is inconsistent.
How did u solve the issue? Could you please help me to come out from this stuff?
With best regards,
Sujay

Dear Jiro,
I'm facing the same issues as u explained above. I could read battery voltage and battery current, but remaining battery capacity is inconsistent.
How did u solve the issue? Could you please help me to come out from this stuff?
With best regards,
Sujay

I am sorry but I am unable to solve this issue. I failed to get the remaining battery capacity and didn't manage to complete my project.

Hey you guys,
Did you get the solution for calculating remaining battery capacity using that ICA register? I am also facing the same problem. Please help me for that.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back