Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

/\DS2002 vs /\DS2002C? What are the major changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Element_115

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
/\DS2002 vs /\DS2002C?

Does anyone know the major changes in 2002C?
I took the ADS Fundamentals training class, and I was told that only
a few user functions where implemented or improved. A friend said it has better support for design kit,( TSMC's modles).And could anyone tell me where I might find 2002C?

Thanks in advance for any information

Probably the biggest change is better integration with C/A/D/E/N/C/E design tools. You can launch @/D/S simulation engines from within the C/A/D/E/N/C/E design environment and simulate C/A/D/E/N/C/E circuits. Since I don't use C/A/D/E/N/C/E its not much use to me.
There was also a problem with getting the correct power reading using the spectrum analyzer in H/P/t/o/l/e/m/y but that has been fixed.
For most of us, the differences are not noticable enough to spend the money to upgrade.

/\DS2002 vs /\DS2002C?

toonafishy is right. The other difference is that 2002C can be used in windows xp while 2002 cannot.

Linda

Cadence Dynamic Link has been improved since 2001. Some improvements have been implemented regarding 2001 and 2002. But in 2002C UNIX version , Momentum is still buggy. ( Bugs never end in ADS :lol: )
well some user interfaces are corrcted and so on so on..

Next March 2003A will be released. Be careful :wink:

GL

Re: /\DS2002 vs /\DS2002C?

The link works not by just clicking on it. The letter '@' in '@gilent' has to be replaced by the letter 'a'.

can Edit layout parameters from
schematic[/img]

read this.

Thanks for all the good info.

P.S. Please PM me if you could tell me where I could find 2002C thanks

In @DS2002C, they added support for TDSCDMA design library.

I heard new version of @DS2003A will release at May 2003.

Also some change in tuning,very useful.

Please tell me what change in ads2003.
I want to upgrade my 2001 version, please give me some advice.

In general, we call ADS2002C "ads for cadence", ADS2003A "ads for ads".
In ADS2002C, big changes are in better Cadence intergration, more update wireless design library. ADS2003A upgrade to full MMIC design flow.

2003A..

I ve read the whatsnew file...
hmm most interesting change to me is
layout editor upgrade..

wanna feel it.. ^^

Will be able to test drive 2003A hopefully in a couple of months time.. Will let you guys know the results... watch this space...

Agilent Introduces New Auto Verification Modeling Technology
RF Design Staff
Palo Alto, Calif. -- Agilent Technologies Inc. announced a new simulation technology -- automatic verification modeling (AVM) -- available in the Agilent Advanced Design System (ADS) 2003A. The company says the new technology allows for design verification of communication circuits and systems at speeds of up to 1,000 times faster than previous methods.

ADS 2003A is a new version of Agilent's communications electronic design automation (EDA) software, a design and simulation environment. Agilent says the verification of RF and microwave circuit designs is typically 200 times faster with AVM, and in some cases, up to 1,000 times faster. Fast verification early in the design process would allow engineers to move to full-scale production more quickly, accelerating time-to-market and reducing development costs of new products.

"Verifying design performance early in the design cycle, before fabrication, can have a significant impact on development time and cost, and can reduce integration risk," said Joe Civello, ADS product manager for Agilent EEsof EDA.

Automatic verification modeling is part of the Agilent ADS 2003A circuit envelope simulator. The Agilent ADS 2003A is expected to be available in May 2003 with prices starting at approximately $8,400.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back