Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] DS1307 RTC Interfacing

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbrathod88

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am here after a serious failure in all my practices done for the interfacing with DS1307 RTC.

First of all I would like to tell you that, I have successfully compiled my code in C for AT89C2051 to communicate with DS1307. I have tried it in Proteus VSM and run successfully.

But now for my project, I have tried to interfacing RTC with AT89C2051 in breadboard. And I have continuously get failed to interface with DS1307.
I have tried to find the reason behind that, and I found that my RTC does not receive the byte and doesn't acknowledges after the transmission of full Address-Byte. I am here 100% sure of that the DS1307 doesn't acknowledge(This is the main problem).

I have send the Address byte (0xD0).
But the device doesn't acknowledges:sad:.

Again I have successfully interface the RTC in Proteus (Except I haven't use the Acknowledge routine in Proteus as Proteus doesn't allow this).

Please help me.
Any suggestion will be appreciate.

Advance Thanks to all.
I hope I will get help.

Here I solved my problem. I am having the low power problem to RTC.
I connect 1uF cap and give the 5.1 volts(Previously given 4.98 volts ). And it run without any problem!..

Status
Not open for further replies.