Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DS1307 is Switching its second value, switching values are having a pattern

Status
Not open for further replies.

raushankumar586

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Embedded geeks,

let me tell you first what I am trying to do , I have a pic18f4520 uc, an arduino mega 2560 board , A 555 timer chip and DS1307 RTC chip .
my work desire a RTC to keep track of my states and synchronization purpose, so I thought to use RTC chip DS1307 but I didn't had Crystal Oscilator of freq 32KHz thats why I genarated the signal from 555 timer of around 32 khz with 50% duty cycle.

I am having i2c connection between pic,arduino and RTC chip where PIC as a master and other two are slave. I am reading RTC output through pic and writing to Arduino2560 for cross checking, but seconds value is jumping with some periods, i don't know why,
its jumping like this .....
1-2-3-4-5-....9-16-17......-25-32-33-34......41-48-49-50......57-64-65......73-80-81....89-0

jumping are shown in bold, and as you can see its counting from 0-89 how that is happening , can somebody help me out.

Looks like you didn't realize that all RTC chip register values are BCD rather than binary numbers.

Looks like you didn't realize that all RTC chip register values are BCD rather than binary numbers.

yeah , thanks a lot, that was the mistake, sorry I coudn't recognize such a silly mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.