Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dropping down vias in Allegro 15.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonard K

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Does anyone know how to drop down vias anywhere in a shape so that it connects all dynamic shapes of that net together on all layers?

I suppose I could run a track around and double click wherever I want a via, but I just thought there might be a better way.

My second question is: Do I have to create a special padstack without thermals if I want the copper flooding to come right up to the via?

I couldn't find anything about "stitching" or "ground plane vias" in the online help. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
- Leonard K

You can do all these in few different ways.
For Vias you can be in route mode and drop a via, then copy it or even copy array it with desired distance, rows and columns.

If you wish to flood over vias you can set this in shape property. With dynamic shapes there is global property and also individual shape set up.

M

OK, thanks. That should get me going on this.

- Leonard K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back