Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Driving stepper motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

quium

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
stepping motor picaxe 18

Hi
I want to use a stepper motor for rotating the solar panel such that the panel faces the sun. I will be using PIC or any other avilable options. Any help with codes driving circuits will be helpful
Many Thanks

sun tracker bibin

Can you get hands on PICAXE-18 (PIC with BASIC interpreter)?
Here is an example of BASIC code ..
https://www.phanderson.com/picaxe/step_1.html

Also, as this microcontoller has build-in ADC you can use it to "read" a light sensor to "follow" the Sun ..

Regards,
IanP

How much current do you need in driving the stepper motor? Also note the voltage. It's better if you will use a stepper motor driver circuit because it offer more flexibility. You only need to input the direction and clock pulse for every step.

Any driver IC like ULN2003 will suffice ur purpose. You can easily drive universal stepper motor with such driver IC's. You dont need a special driving circuit as such.

Are you developing a sun tracker(solar beamer) in which solar panel is always perpendicular to sun to get max. radiation. I have done this earlier
see mine
http://geocities.com/njbibin/robotics/suntracker.html

I have given explanation how to make it more efficient in robo.pdf . You can download it from files section of yahoo group-booksbybibin
**broken link removed**

Bibin John
www.bibinjohn.tk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back