Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

driving stepper motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

khushi_123

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have made this stepper motor driver..the diodes which i have used are fast recovery diodes(2A)..but this is not working..l298 becomes hot..i have 6-wired motor its common windings are not connected to anything..remaining 4 wires are connected to the circuit..applied volttage is 12v..is it enuff???..HELP..

Attachments

• Scan1.jpg
    Scan1.jpg
    369.7 KB · Views: 73

You should have at least an idea about the motor data. Operating an unipolar motor with a bipolar driver should basically work. Even with inappropriate voltage/current settings, you should be able to perform single steps.

You should have at least an idea about the motor data. Operating an unipolar motor with a bipolar driver should basically work. Even with inappropriate voltage/current settings, you should be able to perform single steps.
here is the schematic..plz help me with this..

Attachments

• Scan1.jpg
    Scan1.jpg
    369.7 KB · Views: 54

here is the schematic.
You have already shown it, it's almost similar to the datasheet reference circuit. I asked about motor data.

You have already shown it, it's almost similar to the datasheet reference circuit. I asked about motor data.

model number is PK245-01BA, 2 phase 1.8, DC 1.2A, 3.3 ohm..
kindly guide me with this..

I would expect that the motor can work with a phase current programmed to 0.8 A maximum. If it's not moving at all, there's probably a problem in your circuit that can't be seen in the schematic.

When performing single steps manually, you should be able to see winding voltages according to the usual step motor pulse pattern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back