Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Driving Eight IRFP064 with SG3525 directly

Status
Not open for further replies.

xyz9915

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, all
I want to drive eight IRFP064 with SG3525 directly (in each side). Please explain that is there any formula for calculating the number of MOSFET's?
Regards

If you already decided about your circuit, why do you ask for a formula?

To keep the 3525 maximum output current, you would have to use rather high ohmic gate resistors (above 100 ohm) at each transistor, resulting in slow switching. This is probably acceptable for a mains frequency inverter. The usual solution for high frequency switching would be to have discrete BJT post drivers, that can supply a sufficient pulse current to charge the gates.

It is not decided finally to drive eight MOSFETs but in many circuits (available on the net) I noted that, many transistors are used in parallel. Here is an example is attached. But it is requested to define a simple rule/formula for paralleling MOSFETS for SG3525 etc

Here is an example driving 6 RFP45N06 with an MIC426.
**broken link removed**

xyz995 can you please post the gate driver circuit for SG3525 , how do you make driver (and PWM control) for the 12VDC in and 110 VAC out, what is the power output, and how about type of transformer used for T7 and T5 ? I am interested in complete circuit
IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back