Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Driving a Signal High or Low

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsmithown

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
https://www.axman.com/support/CME-12D60/CME12D60Csch.pdf <---schematic
https://www.axman.com/support/CME-12D60/cme12D60man.pdf <----manual

I am trying to design a circuit that will drive the RESET# pin low (aka reset the microprocessor). The HC12 board is at school. But, sometimes I remote desktop to the school's computer (while I am at home), and the HC12 hangs. So, to reset it I would need to drive to school to reset it.

Since the HC12 is hanging, this circuit needs to be external and not depend on the HC12.

I need this process to be either software driven (from PC) or a timer that will reset the HC12 if there is no activity.

Can someone help me design a circuit? My initial approach was to use a transistor to drive the RESET# signal low after 100 seconds, but it did not work out too well.

Thanks!

You can use DS1232 from Maxim-IC ..
It is proffessional MicroMonitor IC which incorporates watchdog-timer ..
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
All what you need is to do is to identify microcontroller's pin which stops making transitions after the micro gets into troubles (maybe AS* signal) and connect it to the DS1232 ST pin, and connect the DS1232's output (RSR or /RST) to the micro's reset pin ..

Regards,
IanP

Thanks for your suggestion! But, I would have a circuit that can be designed. I am poor and I cannot wait for the product to ship.

Any ideas?

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.