Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

driver ckt for high amperes. plz help

Status
Not open for further replies.

yasir23

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i m using an Dc motor which require to operate at 12V and 10A to operate properly. and i want to interface my motor with 8051 and i want to control its speed through pwm.
so i need a driver ckt which can interface b/w 8051 and motor ???

i also use a 2803 ic for high ampere. but motor is running very slow.
plz help

i m using an Dc motor which require to operate at 12V and 10A to operate properly. and i want to interface my motor with 8051 and i want to control its speed through pwm.
so i need a driver ckt which can interface b/w 8051 and motor ???

i also use a 2803 ic for high ampere. but motor is running very slow.
plz help

Try L293d or SN754410 ... these are motor driver ic's and give more current output then 2803...
Texas Instruments TI SN754410 Quadruple Half H driver combines the protective diodes of the L293D chip with the greater current capacity of the L293B chip. The SN754410 is a plug-and-play replacement for the L293D.

There is another option(not so good but will work if you are out of options) & If your circuit can tolerate little delays Then i suggest you to go for relay(direct 12v, 10 ampere input to your motor)..

Good Luck :)

i also tried L293D and opto couple ILQ74.
but the same problem with it. and according to L293 datasheet it has 1.2A peak current. but i need 10A

---------- Post added at 14:00 ---------- Previous post was at 13:56 ----------

i m using separte power supply which gives me 10A. but the problem is that how can interface. and i cant use relay because i required fast switching...

i also tried L293D and opto couple ILQ74.
but the same problem with it. and according to L293 datasheet it has 1.2A peak current. but i need 10A

---------- Post added at 14:00 ---------- Previous post was at 13:56 ----------

i m using separte power supply which gives me 10A. but the problem is that how can interface. and i cant use relay because i required fast switching...

Ok if you dont find any motor driver ic.. Go for transistors.. actually motor driver ic's consist of H bridge(Made of transistors only).. Now you just need to find such high current transistor and make your own H bridge .. Google it

Its not that difficult and it is the ultimate solution (if you dont find any motor driver ic)

Good luck :)

some transistors are TIP120, TIP121, TIP122(NPN); TIP125, TIP126,TIP127 (PNP)..
The transistor allows you to control a circuit that's carrying higher current and voltage from the microcontroller. It acts as an electronic switch. The one you're using for this lab is an NPN-type transistor called a TIP120. It's designed for switching high-current loads. It has three connections, the base, the collector, and the emitter. The base is connected to the microcontroller's output. The high-current load (i.e. the motor or light) is attached to its power source, and then to the collector of the transistor. The emitter of the transistor is connected to ground.
try these they are good for that load(high current)..
datasheet :

Attachments

• TIP120-D.pdf
    132.9 KB · Views: 82

If you want to use a relay to switch the motor on/off you could use as an interface a relay driver IC, like the iC-JE or iC-GE from iC-Haus(see iC-Haus Homepage - keyword: Relay/Solenoid Drivers ). It easy interfaces to any microcontroller and reduces power consumption by switching to a hold mode after the relay activation time. Application you can find hier: **broken link removed** . If you have more interfacing to the industrial world you might also look for the iC-JX with sixtean 24V I/Os (iC-Haus Homepage - product: iC-JX ). ).

Status
Not open for further replies.