Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

"Driven terminal Solution" in HFSS Mean What?

Status
Not open for further replies.

romanpan

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pls tell me the difference between "Driven terminal Solution"and"driven Mode",and how to choose??
thanks!

Hi,

I think the difference is in following:

Driven terminal excitation is any problem that has the ports on the problem boundary, e.g. waveguide fed structure or microstrip fed structure.

Modal terminal excitaton is when a structure is excited with a more complex conductor structure, e.g. CPW where you can define basically two modes of propagation.

Hope this helps

flyhigh

driven terminal is a concept coming from circuit theory.The excitation is like the source in the circuit theory to drive a node(terminal).
driven mode is one concept from EM theory: wave propagation in guide structure only in some predetermined propagation mode which is decided by physical dimension.
connect the soures to the each terminal will excit several different mode.

i found something in the HFSS 9.1 Help:

Solution Types:

Driven Modal Solution
Choose the Driven Modal solution type when you want HFSS to calculate the modal-based S-parameters of passive, high-frequency structures such as microstrips, waveguides, and transmission lines. The S-matrix solutions will be expressed in terms of the incident and reflected powers of waveguide modes.

Driven Terminal Solution
Choose the Driven Terminal solution type when you want HFSS to calculate the terminal-based S-parameters of multi-conductor transmission line ports. The S-matrix solutions will be expressed in terms of terminal voltages and currents.

Eigenmode Solution
Choose the Eigenmode solution type to calculate the eigenmodes, or resonances, of a structure. The Eigenmode solver finds the resonant frequencies of the structure and the fields at those resonant frequencies.

hope it helps

D

Oh.thanks! but i still have some questions ,what model would adopt to diffrent kinds of device?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back