Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Drill hole in pad in Cadstar Lite not visible

Status
Not open for further replies.

grizedale

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Sorry but i am having difficulty seeing drill holes in pads that i'm creating again.

These are thru-hole pads for the bottom layer in non-plated thru-holes.

Ive been thru the colours file and clicked under "drill holes" and "layers" etc , though i am unable to get the drill hole to
show up.

i can get the bottom-elec to show up and the bottom-resist

-but i cannot get the drill hole to show up.

-i did get it to show up once, previously, by clicking all over the place in the colours file but i cant remeber which click did the trick.

---------- Post added at 13:58 ---------- Previous post was at 13:34 ----------

.sorry now solved..........its just a case of making all invisible, then bringing them back by bit

Post a screen shot of Pad assignments.
What are these padstacks, a non-plated through hole! Do you have any land around the drill hole? If just a drill hole, is the drill hole colour set the same as your background colour?
An example of the above is shown below:
Hole1, drill hole colour same as backgorund.
Hole2, drill hole a different colour to background.
Blue ring is to show where hole is for this illustration, as can be seen a hole with no pad can be made to look invisible if its colour matches the background colour.

Attachments

• hole1.png
    hole1.png
    3.9 KB · Views: 107
  • hole2.png
    hole2.png
    3.7 KB · Views: 105

Matching colours is often a problem.

I like my boards to use as many different colours as possible. :D

Maybe it is your layer priority, check also your color file if the drill holes are enable.

---------

NO SIGNATURE LINKS ALLOWED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back