Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Drill File Problem in OrCAD 4.40 for DOS with XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

BasePointer

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
orcad dos

Hi to all,

Do you know the lastest version of the OrCad for DOS ?
I'm living this problem mostly in WinXP. It says "NCDRILL_.exe abnormal program termination" when try taking drill outut. How can I solve this problem ?

10x

orcad 386

Orcad dos , is for me the best pcb cad, but run only in real mode dos.
Microsoft has put real dos until win98Me (activable with a patch).
In other win system you can try to use DosBox, I have tested it in win2k, is not very fast, but work good with Orcad dos

http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/news.php?show_news=1

is free

BasePointer

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
orcad for dos

Hi koky,

I have downloaded the dosbox and mount drive c, orcad started normally but I coudn't open any desing in my working directory. It tells "unable to redirect STDOUT to a file #ESP_OUT.TXT"

How can I solve this ?

koky said:
Orcad dos , is for me the best pcb cad, but run only in real mode dos.
Microsoft has put real dos until win98Me (activable with a fix).
In other win system you can try to use DosBox, I have tested it in win2k, is not very fast, but work good with Orcad dos

h**p://dosbox.sourceforge.net/news.php?show_news=1

is free

orcad pcb dos

in the dosbox installation folder there is a dosbox.conf file at the end of it you must add:
modem=false
comport=2
listenport=23

[autoexec]
# Lines in this section will be run at startup.
mount c c:\
set orcadexe=c:\orcadexe\
set orcadesp=c:\orcadesp\
set orcadproj=c:\orcad\
set orcaduser=c:\orcadesp\
set orcadpcb=c:\orcadexe\
c:\orcadexe\orcad

i attach full working file

BasePointer

dos orcad orcadproj

Koky,

The same error "unable to redirect STDOUT to a file #ESP_OUT.TXT" still exists :(

koky said:
in the dosbox installation folder there is a dosbox.conf file at the end of it you must add:
set orcadexe=c:\orcadexe\
set orcadesp=c:\orcadesp\
set orcadproj=c:\orcad\
set orcaduser=c:\orcadesp\
set orcadpcb=c:\orcadexe\
c:\orcadexe\orcad

orcad dos abnormal program termination

The STDOUT error also occurs in genuine DOS sessions if the designs are stored on a network drive. You might try creating a virtual disk and running it from there.

BasePointer

orcadexe, orcadesp, orcadproj

Hi koky.,

I am use OrCAD 386+ PCB v2.22h too, It is very good and very easy.
But it can't run in WinXP with Hardlock(LPT port), Did you know how to do?
And what's your current version?

Thanks!

ncdrill_.exe

I installed Microsoft Virtual PC 2004. All my problems have gone :)

orcad schemaic dos

Hi BasePointer.,

Ture !
I will be try....
Thanks!

orcad in virtual machine

I've found that it appears to run almost* perfectly in DOSBOX if it is running on a virtual disk. I couldn't create a disk image so I downloaded one that was meant to be "freedos" and just deleted the unwanted files.

For some reason the "Plot Schematic" configuration screen is so broken it breaks the dosbox so keys stop working.

You don't have to store design files on the virtual disk, you can use a mounted or network folder for your designs, just point the project environment variable at it.

The designs are on a different drive letter to the program so make sure that the design drive is selected when you run the program as it doesn't switch drives properly.

I think you have to have a copy of the template design on the virtual disk as I think it tries to create temporary files there regardless of where the project actually is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back