Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DRC using calibre in umc90nm

Status
Not open for further replies.

sumanmicro

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
While running DRC in virtuoso for umc90nm ,it gives an error as
line 320 of (DRC selected file),unable to open or access file type

and that file is ./90nm_layers.cal

I dont know why that error occurs

sumanmicro said:
While running DRC in virtuoso for umc90nm ,it gives an error as
line 320 of (DRC selected file),unable to open or access file type

and that file is ./90nm_layers.cal

I dont know why that error occurs

the restricted foundry document or the staff from UMC will give you a hint.

basically, calibre is looking for that file, but that file cannot be accessed...

Hi,
I also got similar error for UMC 180nm. I simply copied contents of each file it has load command in the main DRC file and it worked.
Hope this helps

Zopeon

actually better use assura
I could not rectify that error ,but when i used assura based DRC ,there wasn't any error .
In assura it works fine

sumanmicro said:
actually better use assura
I could not rectify that error ,but when i used assura based DRC ,there wasn't any error .
In assura it works fine
bcoz .cal file is required only for calibre verification.. not assura...;)

HI,
The Calibre tools searches the file "90nm_layers.cal" in your "calibre" working directory , but this file may not exist in this directory . Thus the calibre tool exits with Error.
one solution is copy the file "90nm_layers.cal" from umc90nm tool kit path (from where you copied calibre.drc file) to Calibre working directory and Run calibre again.

Other Solution is edit the line "./90nm_layer.cal" in calibre.drc rule file , to specify the correct existing path of file , and Run calibre again.

Cheers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back