Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

draw star and other irregular shaped surfaces in HFSS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtu

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I want to draw star, crescent and fractal shapes for planar antennas , is it good to use HFSS or should I use designer for this.? please help

irfan

irfan .

if the thickness of your wires are neglible compared tot he wavelength then i would say it is better to use ansoft designer.since the neglible thickness would make it a line and can be considered as 2-D.

if i am wrong with my assumption let me know.i can clarify a lil further

regards
sajid mohammed.

Sajid,

I need sheets in referenced shapes, so is it possible in HFSS? or there is a way in designer to draw and use full wave analysis in HFSS

yes sheeta are a perfect way to be excuted in desinger using method of moments and moreover u can draw it on desinger and export it to HFSS using the option LAYOUT---> export to HFSS. it creates a VB file and then u can run it on hfss.

regards
sajid mohammed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back