Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DRAM simulator issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nincredible

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,
I an new here and this is my first post. I am a newbie to ASIC and as part of my semester project I am implementing a 3TDRAM. I am using 0.13um technology and Cadence Hspice and Spectre tools. I am running into some simulator issues.
1. I initially started in hspice but realised I had to do monte Carlo so i switched to Spectre. But when I ran the trans and dc on them, both the simulators gave me different results. I believe Spectre is more accurate and I should trust it, but the results were off by almost 30%. I dont know why? Should I do the whole analysis in spectre?

2. With spectre, I tried changing the abstol value to e-15 since my leakage current is in nA. But I dont know how to set gmin. I am measuring the voltage at the gate of the transistor acting as cap (thats my storage node) and it seems this voltage varies with gmin. So what should my gmin value be?
Also are there any other parameters regarding simulators I need to take care of?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back