Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Drain current noise question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazelk

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is drain MOS current noise depending of drain-source voltage?

How depends of bias region?
How to modelate flicker and white drain current noise?

i read from a book, it said there are 3 kind of noise in the MOSFET, they are thermal noise, shot noise, and the flicker noise, the thermal noise happen because the mosfet have the input impedance/resistance, so the random motion of the free electron in the resistance cause the thermal noise, because the resistance of the conductor would be change randomly, and the shot noise happen because there is a junction, p and n type, when the holes and electrons recombine, they are not cross the junction simultanously, it makes the time delay, so it will create the fluctuation in the current, and the flicker noise happen because of the it's oxide structure, and usually happen in low frequency, what is the meaning of modelate? is it mean to overcome? please forgive me and correct me if there are anything wrong :p

1. decrease the gm.
2. bigger size

Status
Not open for further replies.