Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Download youtube files which are not ".flv"

Status
Not open for further replies.

cool.man

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How can i download youtube files which are not ".flv"

When i want to download a file from youtube it gives me a messege
"No flv file found"

Download youtube files

This type of message i too get. I dont know the cause of that, but actually there is a FLV file which the downloader refuses to download. For this My remedy is just un install and re- install the downloader software. It will download any file...Cheers

Re: Download youtube files

You can get .flv files from your browser cache and convert them to whatever format with some reasonable software.

Just start playing the video, wait for it to load completely. Then peek into the browser's cache, look for the most recently changed file of bigger size. Copy it off to other folder, you may need to rename the file then (from Firefox). Then you may use your favorite transcoding software to convert it offline. Converting them hurts the already bad quality, however. Why not play the .flv directly with ie. VLC instead?

Download youtube filesnot in *.flv ?

dont install anything. visit keepvid.com. paste the url where the video plays in youtube.

keepvid shows you the url for lots of extensions.

Re: Download youtube filesnot in *.flv ?

file2hd.com may be able to help, they've got a converter now.

Re: Download youtube filesnot in *.flv ?

medpiper - is a windows package for downloading youtube flv files
and convert it into mpeg , so that any player can be used for seeing.

available at:
https://code.google.com/p/medpiper/downloads/list

the 'setup.exe' is the downloader for youtube flvs.

srizbf
21stmay2010

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
try to use the website keepvid.com just copy the address of the video from youtube and paste it in and click the download button at the right side.. just make sure you have Java installed.. =]

Hi,
Use keepvid, or you can use FDM, which converts the video to some other format if you want after download.

Use orbit downloader, the best i have seen. When you play any video in internet, orbit downloader will place it helpbar on the screen of the playing video. just click that and say download. Works very effectively

In my case i've been using YouTube Downloader or keepvid.com.....

1-Click YouTube Video Downloader extension and Firefox browser. That's by far the easiest.

The Best Alternative Using Fire FOx ..then Install Grease monkey add on then use You tube HD suite script for greasemonkey ......once you install these ...When you watch youtube video ...Multiple download format will be shown to shown....choose one and download here is greaemonkey link
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/greasemonkey/

Using cashed file is a free way but so messy.
I use IDM it is really great.

If you want to download videos from Youtube, Dailymotion, Metacafe, then you can use Netvideo hunter, it is an FireFox Add-on. If you want to convert the format of the video which you downloaded then you can use any converter online. I always use Netvideo hunter to download video and then convert it into 3GP format for my mobile.

i think internet download manager (IDMan) is the best for videos

I use YouTube Downloader to download video files from youtube. First they save in my pc in .flv format than I convert them to mpeg format to play with windows media player.

Status
Not open for further replies.