Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Downconvert from OrCAD 16.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Centmo

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I am currently working on OrCAD v16.0, but would like to incorporate some circuits only available in files saved under v.16.3 (.brd .opj and .dsn). Unfortunately I cannot open these files in v.16.0. From my understanding, all that is required is to open the files in 16.3, and Save As a 16.2 version, which is openable in 16.0. Unfortunately I do not have access to OrCAD v16.3. Is there someone here that could do me a huge favor by doing this conversion for me? It would save me hours or days of work trying to redraw the circuits shown in the PDFs into Orcad Capture and PCB Editor 16.0.

Thanks!

Hi, I am currently working on OrCAD v16.0, but would like to incorporate some circuits only available in files saved under v.16.3 (.brd .opj and .dsn). Unfortunately I cannot open these files in v.16.0. From my understanding, all that is required is to open the files in 16.3, and Save As a 16.2 version, which is openable in 16.0. Unfortunately I do not have access to OrCAD v16.3. Is there someone here that could do me a huge favor by doing this conversion for me? It would save me hours or days of work trying to redraw the circuits shown in the PDFs into Orcad Capture and PCB Editor 16.0.

Thanks!

Pleeeeeeeease, anybody? I would be eternally grateful!

I have attached the three files zipped (publically available from TI). It is taking forever to enter these in manually, thanks!

I can also be reached at kennyanderson"yahoo.com

Attachments

• DRV_830x.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 78

I hope this opens

Attachments

• DRV_830X_REVC1.zip
    270.6 KB · Views: 67
Reactions: Centmo

Centmo

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I hope this opens

Thanks you so much, it works perfectly! You've saved me at least a week of work, as just the first page took me a full day to draw.

I hate to ask since you have already helped so much, but would it be possible to re-save the BRD file as an older version in PCB Editor as well?

Thanks,
Ken.

I have converted the brd file also.

Attachments

• DRV_830x_C1-RELEASE-1.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 59

Hello I have a similar request. Can this file be downconverted also.

Attachments

• BEAGLEBONE_REVC.brd.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 106

Hi SHABU,
what tool or procedure you have used to convert a higher version allegro design to a lower version. would you pls share?

Hi SHABU,e
what tool or procedure you have used to convert a higher version allegro design to a lower version. would you pls share?

I'm also very interested in this!!!!
Unfortunately, I have a bad feeling this might be an evil profit maximization scheme from Cadence: Force everyone to buy the upgrades...
But whatever the reason, it's pathetic to change format every darn time a new (sub) version is released. If I'm to be kind it's just bad planning or incompetent design - but in that case Cadence would surely release a free tool for converting?!? I'M STILL SEARCHING!!!
My 16.2 can save to 16.01 and nothing else! Not a good sign either. If I'm right in my "evil scheme" theory, I'll better stop recommending Orcad; it's just pathetic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back