Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Doubts regarding WIfi+Bluetooth module

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Bluetooth can be interface using the UART protocol. so PIC can be use but for full solution you can contact Isr.com team they help you better.

Thanks for your reply.
Yes, Bluetooth can connect to UART as you said.But WiFi? Can I connect SDIO lines to I/O pins of uC?

yes according the data sheet you can use that.It supports PHY/MAC for WLAN application through host SDIO interface.

1. Will uC act as host?
2. Why are they using HOST instead of processor/controller?? I am using PIC18F87J72.

I have read about SDIO and found it using for SD card interface.So I am little bit confused. :thinker:

Can I interface SDIO of wifi module to SPI of PIC microcontroller?

Thanks ud23. I just did following connection,don't know whether it right or wrong?:sad:

WiFi (SDIO) ---- uC (SPI)

D0----------------DO
D1----------------IRQ
D3----------------CS
CLK---------------CLK
CMD--------------DI

:-:)-:)-( ..My connection never work because the manufacturer of this module(LSR) replied to my mail that, this module won't work with microcontroller.

Attachments

• g.png
    g.png
    9.5 KB · Views: 114

do you need WLAN or Bluetooth or BOTH in your application?If the manufacture suggest you then go with them and my mistake to guide you wrong path really sorry for that.

It's ok,no problem. :) Actually I want both and interface with PIC uC. I don't want SDIO type because most of the uC doesn't have SDIO interface. Now searching for new module......... :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back