Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

doubts in calibration of energy using ad7755

Status
Not open for further replies.

benag6

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi friends,

I have few doubts regarding with calibration of energy values using AD7755.

I got the following measurement values. Can any one check and suggest me whether What I did is right or wrong.

Line voltage:220 v ac.
test current(lb)=2A

CT ratio is 1:2000
As i am getting the pulses values from CF pin.I made following settings
1. scf=0;s0=s1=1
2. gain=16

Obtained voltage at v1p=5mv;v1n=5mv; burden resistance=5ohms and 5 ohms center connected to ground.

By calculation,
I did the following

cf=0.888*(220*2) =~.4hz

to find v2,using formula given indata sheet:

v2= 0.4*2.5*2.5/(10mv *16*13.6*8.06)
v2=142mv

I do get the pulses at cf pin.

reply ur ideas and suggestions.

with regards,
:roll: nakkeeran

Hello brother!
What happen? Your design work with the datasheet calculus exibitions? Your need the get the data from ADE7755 chips and by following the microcoontroller Your must integrate de instanteneus power, then You have the energy ok?
I have code samples and other application notes when I work in similar project...
gorkin

Hi friend,

As i mentioned i do get the pulses but I like to confirm with experts whether the calculations i made are right or not.

Also what u pointed out is right, I thought of interfacing an mcu(avr) for capturing the output pulses. Do send me ur application notes for AD7756.

with regards,
nak

plz upload c code for interface to ADE7754 IC.

Hello brother!
What happen? Your design work with the datasheet calculus exibitions? Your need the get the data from ADE7755 chips and by following the microcoontroller Your must integrate de instanteneus power, then You have the energy ok?
I have code samples and other application notes when I work in similar project...
gorkin

Hi, gorkin. i am implementing the AD7755 energy meter right now, may i have your code samples and other application note?
Thanks.

Hello brother!
gorkin
Hi gorkin, I'm also doing the same project and need to interface ade7768 with my pic18f4620, please provide me your code samples, you can also mail me at lovey.abhinav@gmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back