Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Doubts HDD

cecil87

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Does the DVD burner drive have a magnet If I store an HDD next to a 3 unit DVD drive, will the DVD drive's magnet generate badblocks and delete files from the HDD?

How many months can a notebook HDD remain unused without damaging its mechanics and data? to keep its mechanics healthy and the data turn on the HDD every day? do the manufacturers say something?

When transferring a new file to a notebook's HDD, is there a risk of corrupting files that are already saved on the HDD?

any type of small knock shock with the notebook HDD turned off generates bad blocks and damages?the beat I'm referring to is just a few centimeters long, for example. the HDD on the PC and the PC is located under the table so there is a space of centimeters between the PC and the wood. I lift the HDD and remove it from the top of the PC. This way it bumps into the wood and this will damage the HDD, generating badblocks even though it off?

Hi,

Most likely a DVD burner will include some magnets. Inside the motor, and maybe even for the lens control.

But I gess thay will be way less "magnetic" than the magnets of a HDD itself.
I have some HDD magnets laying aroud, they are one of the most powerful magnets I have.

So it´s very unlikely that external DVD magnet can harm HDD data.

Klaus

Does the DVD burner drive have a magnet If I store an HDD next to a 3 unit DVD drive, will the DVD drive's magnet generate badblocks and delete files from the HDD?

How many months can a notebook HDD remain unused without damaging its mechanics and data? to keep its mechanics healthy and the data turn on the HDD every day? do the manufacturers say something?

When transferring a new file to a notebook's HDD, is there a risk of corrupting files that are already saved on the HDD?

any type of small knock shock with the notebook HDD turned off generates bad blocks and damages?the beat I'm referring to is just a few centimeters long, for example. the HDD on the PC and the PC is located under the table so there is a space of centimeters between the PC and the wood. I lift the HDD and remove it from the top of the PC. This way it bumps into the wood and this will damage the HDD, generating badblocks even though it off?
HDD's are pretty immune to magnets. There is a powerful curved magnet inside to propel the head-arm assembly. This is due to the gap loss.

However mechanical fragility is a concern. Although designed to be rugged, they are most vulnerable when spinning and dropped on a hard surface.

These two HDDs external are good or not for some storage files? two hdds are 1TB

Attachments

• HDD1 Kesu.png
    HDD1 Kesu.png
    156.3 KB · Views: 43
  • HDD2 Kesu.png
    HDD2 Kesu.png
    479.3 KB · Views: 49
  • HDD1 Kesu5.png
    HDD1 Kesu5.png
    49.1 KB · Views: 51
  • HDD2 Kesu2.png
    HDD2 Kesu2.png
    52 KB · Views: 50
  • HDD1 Kesu2.png
    HDD1 Kesu2.png
    50.5 KB · Views: 44
  • HDD2 Kesu5.png
    HDD2 Kesu5.png
    48.9 KB · Views: 47
  • HDD1 Kesu6.png
    HDD1 Kesu6.png
    57.8 KB · Views: 49
  • HDD2 Kesu3.png
    HDD2 Kesu3.png
    59 KB · Views: 44
What makes you think these new drives have any failures? These are normal.

The categories are more critical and defined as "pre-failure". These are not the results, just the item type.
Victoria S/W is impressive.

Did you analyze the photos? Are both two HDDs good for storing files?

Another question, one of the HDDs the test graph does not go up to 1TB it stops before 1TB and the test is two minutes shorter, is this normal?

the WD HDD is 1TB Is there any explanation for this graph line from the WD HDD test to stop between 357G and 429G on the Victoria? the information says that the test was completed at 1 TB but the graph stops before

Is this HD good for storing files?

Attachments

• HDD1 Kesu6.png
    HDD1 Kesu6.png
    57.8 KB · Views: 48
It appears Victoria is at fault. The HDD has the correct # of blocks (2 billion/1TB).
Check program settings, tick more boxes. or ignore.

Ask Windows instead of repeating here without more clues.

What does Windows say? Victoria reports no errors. It is just a plot scaling issue.

Explorer F: Properties> Capacity?
msinfo32 ? error log,
EventViewer>System ?

I put 300GB on this HDD and it didn't corrupt

Is there a risk of them placing a flash memory inside the case and modifying the smart firmware to show it as an HDD? disguise flash memory

It appears Victoria is at fault. The HDD has the correct # of blocks (2 billion/1TB).
Check program settings, tick more boxes. or ignore.

Ask Windows instead of repeating here without more clues.

What does Windows say? Victoria reports no errors. It is just a plot scaling issue.

Explorer F: Properties> Capacity?
msinfo32 ? error log,
EventViewer>System ?
anything?

> Is there a risk of them placing a flash memory inside the case and modifying the smart firmware to show it as an HDD? disguise flash memory

Win 10/11 is automatic when SDD is detected to select proper firm settings.

300G is < 427G

Last edited:
In your opinion, is this HDD original or fake (microSD card, or USB Flash Drive or SSD) inside the plastic case and software modified to show 1TB and Smart modified to hide badblocks?

In your opinion, is this HDD original or fake (microSD card, or USB Flash Drive or SSD) inside the plastic case and software modified to show 1TB and Smart modified to hide badblocks?

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: