Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DOUBTS about wiring circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

AslanPeter

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Guys,
forgive me, it is surely a silly question but i am stuck. i need to control a LED with an output pin of a 8051 micrcontroller. basically the micrcontroller is running a code and when a condition is verified ,an output pin is cleared. this ouput is linked to the anode of a LED which should be wired to the VCC via a resisitor. the resistor and LED should be placed on a dedicated bread board which hence should be connected to 5v voltage. what should I do with the GND section on the broadboard?? should i leave it unconnected? will the VCC wire make any sense on its own withOUT GND? or RATHER should i power up the breadboard and connect instead a resistor leg to the VCC output of the power supply? which is the correct way and why?
thank you

VCC wire make any sense on its own withOUT GND? NOPE

Depending on your output port which you will be set to VDD or GND, if VDD then the +ve of the LED should connect to the uC and -ve to GND and vice versa. You still need to power up your 8051? If so, how can your GND be hangging? :)

Connect the +5 v supply to the controller Vcc n connect the LED to the port of the controller with +ve side on the port pin n -ve side along with a resistance of 220ohm(desirable) to ground. Without proper grounding ur circuit WON'T work. :wink::cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back