Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Doubt related to power grids and RC extraction

Status
Not open for further replies.

xukmpogo

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I have Cadence First Encounter and Fire And Ice installed in my workstation. Inside Cadence First Encounter i've floorplanned, placed, routed a design (including power routing) following the instructions and using the files from this tutorial (http://www.chiptalk.org/modules/wfsection/article.php?articleid=1). The design downloaded from the previous url had to be linked to a OSU standard cell library. Everything in First Encounter is working fine, except when i try to do RC extraction, because the SPEF file generated only includes RC extracted data for the regular nets (I need RC info about the power grid itself). By reading the manual i see that if we select SPECIAL NETS whitin the RC extraction model, i should get what i need, but with option selected or cleared the SPEF file generated is the same...
Does anybody understands why? Is there some problem with this particular design or library of cells? I've tried to get around this problem, by trying Fire & Ice extractor. However, this last one needs as inputs, not only a DEF file (design info) but also two binary files. These two binary files must be generated by RCgen and Libgen. RCgen needs a ICT file (which isn't present in this library neither in GSCLib for instance), containing process technology info. Libgen needs a LEF or a GDS file with current info (and a few more stuff) on all of the library cells. Once again the lef file contained in OSU library does not have the necessary information.
Is there any way of extracting power grid RC values on this desing with the internal extractor of First encounter or the Fire and Ice one?
Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back