Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

doubt regarding impulse function

Status
Not open for further replies.

purnapragna

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi i have a doubt like

i have a CT periodic impulse train whose period is 'T ' and as known it FT is again

periodic impulse train. Now if i make 'T' tends to '0'(zero) what will be the time

domain signal i.e., how can you define the signal in time domain and what will be

its corresponding FT?

thank you

purna

Sorry for saying it to be a funny Question.As period of impulse train approaches to zero then all the impulses will superimpose and diverge to infinity.and once again it FT will be a funny thing

i dont think it is a funny question and i think it is just a dual of the Fourier Transform of the impulse.

all the impulses will converge does not mean they will diverge

thnx

purna

As I see it it's like this:
x(t) = sum(dirac(t-kT),k,-inf,inf) Now:
lim(x(t),T,0) = sum( lim(dirac(t-kT),t,0), k,-inf,inf) = sum(dirac(t),k,-inf,inf) =
= dirac(t)*sum(1,k,-inf,inf)=dirac(t) which has FT = 1
I am unsure about the last step however.

for your information if u take FT of a impulse function it will be a DC signal( that is a constant magnitude) so no matter even if take FT of impulse train it will give the same result.

For your information: check the fourier transforms tables.
FT ( diract(t) ) = 1 ...true
FT (impuls train with period T) = impuls train in frequency domain with period 2pi/T and scaled with amplitude 2pi/T

What I said in the previous reply is correct!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back