Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

doubt on CMOS Voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

verilog_always

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
Why can't we dramatically decrease the operating volatage of CMOS transistors( Means below 0.5v). What effects transistor if we decrease operating voltage suddenly? If any one as material please help.........

sub threshhold leakage currents . so we can not do that

hi
i think the cmos transistors have a fixed supply voltage.
and basically the parameters are discrete. the control voltage is the one which is responsible for the operation of the cmos transistors.
so whatever is the input provided appears at the output. also the output is a combination of vdd and the threshold voltage. in any case the vdd is 0 then the output is 0. if vdd is a high i.e. logic 1... then the output is vdd-vtn. the device or cmos wont turn on if the output voltage is more than the vdd....
regards
kazzam

verilog_always said:
Hi
Why can't we dramatically decrease the operating volatage of CMOS transistors( Means below 0.5v). What effects transistor if we decrease operating voltage suddenly? If any one as material please help.........

Thank you for responding

Now my doubt is On what factors thershod voltage depends? Another thing is Can't we decrease size dramatically of Transistor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back