Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

doubt in thermocouple...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deexith Hasan

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
doubt in thermoelectric cooling................

when i apply voltage across thermocouple
one end becomes hot and other ends become cold....

when i place thermoelectric cooler upper half under the solar panel and power the thermoelectric cooler with it...
will it absorbs heats from solar panel and cools the lower half surface??

Yes but a good heat sink is needed to radiate the translated heat from the solar battery to outer space.
Try such heat sink first, then insert your cooler between, to see how efficient the system is. Apply white silicon grease
to reduce thermal resistance on all interface surfaces.

Are you confusing Peltier devices with thermocouples?

A Peltier cools on one side and heats on the other. A thermocouple (the electrical kind) converts temperature to a voltage.

Brian.

Are you confusing Peltier devices with thermocouples?

Brian.

I believe he is.

One thing about Peltier cooling. The heatsink on the hot side not only must dissipate the heat removed from the cold side, but all the losses in the Peltier device itself (which are very significant, about 85 to 90% of all consumed energy).

Therefore on the warm side it is customary to add a small fan to the heatsink to increase heat removal.

Status
Not open for further replies.