Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Doubt About Some Terms Related With ATmega32

Status
Not open for further replies.

anoop kr

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hai all.....
I have some doubts related with ATmega32 MCU. It arised when i read the datasheet. They are

1. What is mean by " Fully Static Operation "?

2. " On-chip 2-cycle multiplier "?

3. " True Read While Write Operation "?

4. what is mean by " Boundary Scan through JTAG "?

5. How Boot Loader can self program the FLASH section through SPM instruction ?.

Please help me..:sad:

Can anyone please help me for finding out the doubts....please;-).

Hai all.....
I have some doubts related with ATmega32 MCU. It arised when i read the datasheet. They are

4. what is mean by " Boundary Scan through JTAG "?

Please help me..:sad:

I know about the JTAG. JTAG is DFT(Design For Testing) Technique, Which is basically used to test I/O Pads.

Can you provide me the Datasheet?

Thanks

2. " On-chip 2-cycle multiplier "?

it is a hardware which does the multiplling opreation in 2 cycle instead of simulating the multiply with add op in software.

yes of course...please check this

- - - Updated - - -

but what about the other ones...????

Attachments

• ATmega32.pdf
    5.4 MB · Views: 53

3. " True Read While Write Operation "?

5. How Boot Loader can self program the FLASH section through SPM instruction ?.

Read while write operation refer to the boot loader operation.

Well,
the ATmega32 has a 32k flash memory. This memory is organized in two main sections, the Application section and the Boot Loader section, and the size of the different sections is configured by some fuse bits called BOOTSZ Fuses.

The Application section is the section of the Flash that is used for storing the application code.

The boot loader section is a section of Flash that u can place a code (called boot loader software) that can be copied (this called self program) to the application section to be executed under some constraints.

This operation (self programming or writing) cane be done while the application code is executed (or read) >>>>>>>>>>> that is called <<<Read While Write>>>

Regards,
Hz

Status
Not open for further replies.