Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Double Timer circuit needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

tj1961

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I need to a board that can handle the following. Can anyone help, please?

1st timer is set to 5 seconds. This timer is dependant upon 2nd timer, as the 5 seconds only applies immediately after the 2 hour timer below has applied power. It needs to connect to a relay to drive a small motor for the 5 seconds.

2nd timer is set to 2 hours and needs to power the motor as well

An LDR needs to be incorporated so that both timers are off during hours of darkness.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

TJ

For this type of application I usually recommend a small microcontroller, such as the PIC12C5xx, an 8-pin device. This should be able to handle all your requirements.
Basically, it only needs 5V, a crystal, a couple of caps and some resistors to operate.

Hi,

I agree with VVV, but i have few commantes:
  1. Use one of the new PIC like the 16Fxxx or anyting that will work for you. THe 16Cxx are ahrder to get and more expensive...
  2. The idea of the porgram is to use an interupt ever set amount of time. When the interupt happens you will incrament counters, like sec, minut, hour.. Like that you will have a clock and you will be able to do what ever you want. Have a look at this post:
  3. There is another way to do all that without MCU, and thats with 555.
Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back