Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

double forward converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghiskard

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all, sorry if my english isn`t entirely readable but isn`t precisely my native language

I'm currently working in a project to build a programmable voltage supply, the input voltage is 220VAC and the output is variable from 0 to 200VDC with 0.5 A of maximum current with none or lowest possible Ripple and EMI/RFI noise (the supply will power a laboratory electron gun). The most accesible approach i have found until now is to use the idea of this article (**broken link removed**) in order to build a converter combined with a linear regulator. I chose the forward converter as the topology for the converter, and after studyng a lot, i found the zvs forward converter the best option to reach low EMI/RFI noise. My problem now is how to build the zvs forward converter. The attached paper describe a double forward converter, in simple words is an forward converter with an active clamp with a full charge of the magnetizing current into the reset capacitor to later discharge this energy to the secondary with beneficts in the increase of the voltage conversion ratio and the elimination of the subharmonic oscillation of the active clamp technique. But my problem again is how to build it!, because (for me) at first sight is posible to build the converter using a controller for activce clamp like Texas Instrument's UCC3580 and regulate the delay time to acomplish the proposed design, is posible to do this? if not, is there another option to build a doble forward converter?

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back