Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dot matrix display using MAX 6953 & PIC 16F877A

Status
Not open for further replies.

rinshadbasheer

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Everybody,

I am new to embedded field. I am trying to design a dot matrix display using 4 units of 5*7 dot matrix's. I have chosen MAX 6953 for driving the matrix's and the controller I am using is PIC 16F877A. I have completed a simulation circuit in Proteus. I am using Hi Tech C for coding. I don't know the code for interfacing PIC 16F877A with MAX 6953. I didn't understood programming Idea from Application note of MAXIM. So please help me in coding. Full code is not necessary. I want to know how to send data to MAX6953 from PIC 16F877A or any controller with SPI interface.

The MAX6953 has a IIC (I2C) interface, the MAX6952 uses SPI.

Have a look at the Microchip application notes, there will be one for writing to I2C EEPROMs which you can modify for your needs. If I remember right, the MAX6953 required two bytes to be sent, one data and one control.

You are lucky Proteus has these display drivers, I used a 6952 in a project and it was before Proteus supported it :(.

Status
Not open for further replies.