Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DOT-matrix display(LED matrix) points for a good design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes You can do any thing you want to....
I can help you in this metter iff you tell me the back ground of you task?
Your requirements?
Every thing you know?

Yes You can do any thing you want to....
I can help you in this metter iff you tell me the back ground of you task?
Your requirements?
Every thing you know?

sir, good day, in my simulation i have row cathodes and column anodes..
here is my design.. and it works fine..
**broken link removed**
sir my question is this.. i will use TIP147 to my row, but my row is cathode, is it ok? because i saw the schematic of elektro the emitter is connected to +5v.. if i implement TIP147 in my design the emitter should be connected to ground in order my design will work.

im using 74hc154 in my rows with 7inputs and my columns is connected to 74hc595 with 40 inputs.. ill expand my row to 10 inputs..

and can someone help about other patterns about this design? because i only programmed it scrolling right to left.. i want other patterns like goinng up and down and blinking if possible..

btw im implementing 10 rows and 40 columns but in my simulation i only have 7 inputs.. ill expand it to 10rows..

this board is of great help to me..

kudos to everyone..

Arche

hi everyone.. i want to ask you, sorry for noob question. is it possible to design scrolling text using 10x10 dot matrix (using 10x10 fonts)? i was asked to build a 10x100 scrolling text. what the best scanning method? row or column scanning?
my circuit design using atmega 16/32, BCD to decimal (4 to 10) for row scanning and 74HC595 for column data.
can anyone here provide me with sample code or guide me?
thanks in advance...

sorry for my bad english..:)

hi everyone.. i want to ask you, sorry for noob question. is it possible to design scrolling text using 10x10 dot matrix (using 10x10 fonts)? i was asked to build a 10x100 scrolling text. what the best scanning method? row or column scanning?
my circuit design using atmega 16/32, BCD to decimal (4 to 10) for row scanning and 74HC595 for column data.
can anyone here provide me with sample code or guide me?
thanks in advance...

sorry for my bad english..:)

https://www.edaboard.com/threads/199151/

visit my thread.. maybe this could help you.. :)

i have made one but not satisfied with result because i want more dot matrix. i am confused that by using more dot matrix my scan or say refresh rate will decrease does any body here have experience of working with more dot matrix if yes than please provide some solution.

Re: matrix led dual color + avr

Very helpful.
Did anyone know about MX-Tusbolt?
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back