Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Doppler Radar Signal Processing

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahfouz1991

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I was planning to do an individual project, which is to create a Doppler radar for use in automatic doors.
The details of the project are below:

The microwave Doppler radar will consist of a signal source, an antenna, a mixer, an audio signal amplifier and a power supply unit. The frequency of the audio signal (i.e. the Doppler signal) is proportional to the speed of motion and its amplitude to the size of the object or inverse of the distance.
I am working in a test and measurement company & so I have access to various equipment, that would help me complete the project. The plan is to work mainly on the design of the mixer.

My main question, what are the legal frequencies to use in the UK for that kind of applications? I have looked online and found this website:

UK Radio Control Council - UKRCC - 40MHz frequencies

I am quite an amateur in this field, and so I am not sure what is meant by UK Channel number. My understanding of this, is that I will have a frequency band I will work in, where I'll only be allowed to send and/or receive signals.

I would really appreciate if you can help me with that question, and if you have useful resources regarding Doppler radars that you can share, then that'll be great.

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards,

Infineon previously made a 2.45 GHz doppler module **broken link removed**
They also had a KMY10 10.6 GHz module earlier.

Recent radar motion detection modules are mostly using 24 GHz band. An example is shown in the below datasheet.

According to ETSI EN 300 440-1, the below frequency bands are dedicated for respective applications

Attachments

• 502374-da-01-en-RADAR_SENSOR_RSM_3650.pdf
    579.4 KB · Views: 56

Sorry but I had a silly vision of a 40MHz doppler unit.... a horn antenna with a 20x20 metres aperture and about 0.5Km long. It would like quite neat mounted over an automatic door!

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back