Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Doppler patch antenna transceiver Module ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

fasafyso

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
x band doppler module

Hi experts i will appreciate any help and idea about decision to design a K-Band doppler patch antenna.

What i exactly want to design and build is a motion detector which uses doppler shift technigue. It has to detect motion and speed and then if i can achieve these i can try for detecting direction. As i did some search on google i learned that i need two outputs from antenna module which are 90 degree shifted and compare them to sense the direction of the movement. this link shows what i exactly want to build like,
**broken link removed**
i know theese are X band but i will try for K Band.

Now let me tell you what i know and dont know about antennas so you can show me a way where to start. First i dont know what must be the routing thechnique of the patch antenna on pcb. i think i have to transmit a 24.125 Ghz wave at a power in terms of dB which is approprite to the standards of my country. and then receive it back. then produce an intermediate frequency and then amplify it in order to compute it with a microcontroller to sense speed and motion. also will i need to use a horn?

Please help me about its feasibility and where to start, do you have any recommended readings.

Thanks for any help.

patch doppler module

First of all You initially said " K-Band doppler patch antenna" then asked "will i need to use horn?"
-> Yes, Horn antenna will be more useful than patch
because It is widely used in dopler radars.
There are lot of papers on dopler radars, FMCW radars, Pulsed radars. try searching in google.

Pepole also use Patch antennas arrays in measurements,
I have seen 1 paper where 100 patch antennas were used same 24GHz application only in automobiles.

The power is transmitted in dBm.

People use Power deviders & attact Patch antenas at the ends
I will attach one picture for your reference.

Added after 1 minutes:

A microstrip antenna array is shown in Fig this antenna
is made by 10×10 elements (90×90mm2) on RT/duriod 5880
substrate and every element’s dimension of the antenna array
is 4.9mm×4.1mm
The simulation of arrays was done in CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back