Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dolph-Chebyshev (D-C) distribution for array antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

sargol3403

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
chebyshev array

Hi,

I would like to implement D-C amplitude distribution for 2x2 array antenna for at least -15 dB sidelobe level. I don't have the equations :cry:.
Does anyone of you have any idea about such a book?
Thanks[/b]

Hello,

with only two elements you have either only a main beam (spacing <= 0.5Lambda) or the grating lobes (spacing > 0.5 Lambda) so I think you can only taper the grating lobes by measn of elment paterna but you don't have any way to make use of chebyschev synthesis... (unles you increase the number of elements..)

bye.

the number of elements is 4 (2x2 planar array).How can i make use of chebyschev synthesis?
for at least -15 dB sidelobe level, what are coeficients of curret distribution?
Do you have any idea about such a book?

Yes, you have 2x2 = 4 elements but since they are arranged on square lettice (am I right ?) on both principal plane they act as a 2x1 linear array, so my previous commnet is still valid !

you can hope only on the element beam taper (have you the elelement pattern ?) but chebyschev is not applicable in your case because, as I have already explained, you don't have real side lobes...

In summary, how can you control side lobe level if you don't have side liobes ? that is the problem.

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Dear Juppydu
Hello ,
Thanks your attention...
I understood :D ...
I could solve my problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor