Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Doing Multiple Solution runs in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

tompson

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hfss script

I need to run many simulations on many different spiral inductor models. My thesis is due in a month, so I am also time limited and so I need to run these simulations as close together as possible. One after the other.

Does anyone know how to start a cue in HFSS to run solution passes one after the other. I know you can do it for different analysis setups in one model, but I want to do it across projects. I really can’t afford to wait between solving each model… Time is quickly running out!

Thanks in advance.

hfss batchsolve

HFSS support VB script. You can record and save your any operation to a VBS file.
Then you open it and add your script such as open a project, run analysis, and close the project and open another...

The above method may fit your need. But I prefer you download a matlab package name hfssapi
**broken link removed**.
It is a set of matlab script that allow you to build 3D models in HFSS, and run simulation and do any things regarding to HFSS in matlab. good luck.

Leander

hfss batch file

Hi, tompson,

HFSSv10 can help you, it has the feature of queque simulation.

However, I think EM modeling is a long term process, it is hard to have everything done in one month.

Good luck!

Ruri

hfss queue

Sorry, I should have said I was using HFSS V9.2. Do you know if it's possible with this version.

(My lab here at school on has a license for 9.2 which is a bit of a pain)

hfss scripting

tompson,

Well, my method can work under HFSS 9.2, just try it.

python hfss script

Hey, i don't know if your problem is solved or not.This is what i did to run simulations across projects.
You have to go to tools ad set the allow queue option. Its a box you have to check. Then you can click on the Q icon on the toolbar. That will open the Stack of pending simulations.
Now just right-click on the sweeps you want analyzed and say analyze. They will be added to the queue. It might say unable to save file before simulation or something like that.
Hope this helps you.

hfss, script

Hi Tompson
This problem has been raised in the forum before and a satisfactory answer was given regarding HFSS version 9.2. Basically you need to used a batch file. Do a search of this forum with the keyword "HFSS simulation queue", you'd find the discussion I am talking about.

Added after 4 minutes:

waveplumber said:
Hi Tompson
This problem has been raised in the forum before and a satisfactory answer was given regarding HFSS version 9.2. Basically you need to used a batch file. Do a search of this forum with the keyword "HFSS simulation queue", you'd find the discussion I am talking about.

prepare the next batch file (run_hfss.bat) and run it. Change paths to HFSS & ur projects as u need.

start /wait /low C:\Ansoft\HFSS9\hfss.exe -batchsolve "C:\AProject\HFSS9\projectname1.hfss"
start /wait /low C:\Ansoft\HFSS9\hfss.exe -batchsolve "C:\AProject\HFSS9\projectname2.hfss"

script hfss

Reminder:

From HFSS-10 menu:
Select Tools/Options/General Option
Select "Analysis Option"
Select "Queue all simulation"

Reactions: asgant

asgant

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search