Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Doing Masters in VLSI abroad

Status
Not open for further replies.

medeepak

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I am undergraduate student in Electronics Design and Manufacturing stream and i have a keen interest in pursuing my masters in VLSI / Microelectronics stream abroad (preferably U.S). I have an CGPA of 8.84 /10 till fifth semester. I am doing a research project on Electronic Transport properties of Armchair Graphene NanoRibbons. As i am not well off I am trying to see if there is Industrial sponsor is possible for my masters program. I found ARM giving support for students in pursuing Microelectronics in UK. But i am not sure if it will work out:-(

Can anyone advice me if going abroad and pursuing a Masters is feasible and worthy? (like is there any job guarentee) Is there any scholarships that i can get??
Can anyone tell me which university would be the best to do Masters in??

I have one more year to go. So if there is anything i need to do i would try to, please help me

regards
deepak

Hi,

It is good to do a Masters programme after Undergraduation as you will gain more knowledge and expertise.Well to do a masters programme in USA you must plan well. I suggest you to give your GRE and since you have a good academic score, if you get a good GRE score too you can apply in good universities. In USA you can get teaching and research assistantships. Once you are admitted to a particular university try to get into touch with professors there to ensure your assistantship. Full scholarship is difficult to get but you can still try.
I suggest you to do masters in USA as job opportunities are plenty there. In UK you do not have good job opportunities.
Why don't you consider doing your Masters in India itself. You have many good universities and you will even get stipend or scholarship.Please take the help of Internet and do more research on universities in India and abroad.
All the best

Hi

I have given my GRE. I have a score of 1360 (Verbal-570, Quant-790)

And about doing it in India, thanks for the suggestion.
There is a TI sponsored course in IIT Madras for which i will apply, but getting selected is something outside my hand:-(

Thanks for your reply

regards
deepak

Status
Not open for further replies.