Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Does Xilinx Web ISE package allow manual place and route

Status
Not open for further replies.

andy1

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
webise

I tried to do manual place and route but it seems like it only let me do place but not route.

I can manually place the logic blocks but I could not manually route the signal from one block to another.

THis is the free download version. Maybe the full version will let you.

unroute ise

manul place and route aint possible.. wot tool u have along with ISE 6.2,?
floor planner is there.. try to take a look at this.. if u place the cells components u can as well route it..

try it.. u wud have tools which does this place and route.

with regards,

unroute signals in ise

Could you show me how to route the actual signals? I can place the block, but what button or what need to route the actual signal?

xilinx web ise

Yes.
you can try FPGA editor,you can manually place and route your trace.but it take too much time.
you can automatically palce & route first
and modify the trace or component(LUT, ...)manually

web ise

andy1 said:
Could you show me how to route the actual signals? I can place the block, but what button or what need to route the actual signal?

I have never used FPGA Editor manual routing, but I think I see how to get started.

First of all, be sure you are in read/write mode. File -> Main Properties -> General -> Edit Mode -> Read Write.

While holding down the CTRL key, select the desired path segments, and then click Tool -> Route -> Manual Route. It will route the net along your desired paths, or emit some sort of error message. If you don't select enough path segments, then the Manual Route menu item will be grayed out.

You can also use that manual routing technique to connect two previously unused component pins, but first you must go inside the component and attach those pins to some logic.

This is all extremely tedious.

fpga editor manual route

Manual Place and Route is not normally used as you specify the constraints and routing is done within that but if you feel that certain nets can be routed better after looking at them in the FPGA editor , you can unroute those nets in particular and manually re-route them. Do not use for full manula route.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back