Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] does this mean the voltage controlled oscillator is transmitting a radio signal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are certainly not helping us to help you!

A spectrum analyzer is a device for showing the voltage levels across a range of frequencies, saying "suppose to pick up radio waves" doesn't tell us how the signal is connected to the analyzer. If it has nothing connected to its input it shouldn't be showing anything except it's own internally generated noise.

I got a voltage controlled oscillator. it has 4 pins. I connect the upper pin to the positive terminal. I connect the pin below that to the negative terminal. a red light turns on. the sellers says this means the voltage controlled oscillator is on and is receiving the right supply voltage. I think the bottom pin and the pin above that are suppose to receive the control voltage. If the bottom 2 pins are not connected to anything, the voltage is undefined. if the voltage is undefined and the voltage controlled oscillator is connected to an antenna, will the voltage controlled oscillator transmit a radio signal?

Please stop writing nonsense.
Show us a picture of this VCO. There are hundreds of different types so telling us 'upper pin' or 'pin below that' is meaningless. Surely it has a part number you can tell us.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back