Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Does there exist one USB to multi-RS232 converter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bittware

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
multi rs232 spi converter

Hello experts,
Here I have several RS232 legacy peripherals, but my computer only provides one USB port, one serial port. So I intend to seek a converter that can hub multi-RS232 port into single USB interface.
I want to know if there exsit ready-made product that fulfill such function.
If not, is it possible to make such a device by myself?

Thanks your suggestion and given clue.

Yes I had a custumer some years ago ,He needed a 4 port serial USB adapter .He was able to buy a commercial solution ..Now is true i haven't seen one in a typical computer shop. So i expect to find those products being sold INDUSTRIAL ELECTRONICS supply companies .. otherwise
you can buy four simple USB-> RS232 and use a HUB . probably it will be cheaper

Silicon Laboratories have a RS232<->USB, the CP2101, Single Chip USB to UART Bridge. The CP2101 does not need external resistors or crystal.

**broken link removed**

FT2232C Dual USB UART / FIFO

The FT2232C is the 3rd generation of FTDI?s popular USB UART / FIFO I.C. family. This device features two Multi-Purpose UART / FIFO controllers which can be configured individually in several different modes. As well as a UART interface, FIFO interface and Bit-Bang IO modes of the 2nd generation FT232BM and FT245BM devices, the FT2232C offers a variety of additional new modes of operation, including a Multi-Protocol Synchronous Serial Engine interface which is designed specifically for synchronous serial protocols such as JTAG and SPI bus.

Reactions: exnol

exnol

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.