Does HFSS have a function to add mesh point manually?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ablendos

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HFSS-mesh promblem

Do HFSS have funtion of add mesh point manually???because i just want some place in small mesh. someone kindly help me!!!
Thx.

Re: HFSS-mesh promblem

Manually and a certain place? I don't hear any about it, but you can study the HF$$9.0,perhaps you can find someting usefull! Good luck!

My english is so bad!!!sorry
For example.i want add mesh point in one surface or body that i want.
How can i ddo????

I know this is possible with version 8.0. There is some kind of "refine" command in some menu. The basis idea is to draw a box around the region where you want fine mesh and set a small desired edge length. The additional box would be assigned the same material as the object enclosing it or/ not be assigned any material.

Haven't used the feature in version 9. but I guess you can find the command from the online help.

Hi,

yes, you can do dummy object approach described by loucy. You can force the surface/volume mesh parameters of either dummy or your source objects.

HFSS/Mesh Operations/Asign/On selection (surfaces)

HFSS/Mesh Operations/Asign/Inside selection (volumes)

This will bring menues where you can choose meshing parameters to force finer mesh but also you will be able to limit the maximum number od triangles/tetrahedra for a particular object.

This is the most you can do manually.

You can also specify some general parameters for the mesh during adaptive solver run in Analysis/Setup window.

flyhigh

This can be done in 8.0!!! HFSS provide two ways:auto and manual!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…