Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

does "gardner timing phase recovery" need a "frequency offset cancelation" before??

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamebaman

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
does "gardner timing phase recovery" need a "frequency offset cancelation" before??

i'm designing a baseband processor for zigbee/ieee 802.15.4.but i don't know that if i use gardner method for timing recovery anymore i need a frequency offset cancellation part in my baseband processor???while zigbee must tolerate +/- 45 ppm frequency offset.
and in practical noncoherent receiver circuits which timing recovery is used???a simple correllation with preamble or other complex algorithm like gardner or mueller-muller and so on.
thank you.

Re: does "gardner timing phase recovery" need a "frequency offset cancelation" befor

If you use timing recovery schme, you should notice how big frequency offset it can correct. if the the frequency offset is very big than your timing recovery capability, you should consider some sort of frequency offset cancellation before it

Re: does "gardner timing phase recovery" need a "frequency offset cancelation" befor

thank you for your notice and answer.
do you know how much frequency offset every timing recovery scheme can tolerate??and can you introduce me a survey of them??
i'm working on baseband processor for zigbee,can you tell me i can use just a simple correlation algorithm to time synchronization or i should use another timing recovery algorithm???i read that simple correlation can't be use for timing synchronization and it is used only for finding time phase difference,and a timing recoery sheme is needed to time synchronization ,is it true???

Status
Not open for further replies.