Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Does Design Compiler tool can deal with two different designs simultaneously?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drizzle

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello all

Does Design Compiler tool can deal with two different designs simultaneously?

Weather different kinds of design can effect on another or not?

regards

drizzle

Re: about DC tool

didnt get your question ..Can you expand it or can u explain with example?.

Regards,
Sam

about DC tool

hi sam

if I have tow designs and two tcl scripts for synthesis

and my DC tool have one core,as i known, the rate of synthesis partly depended on the DC memory volume

and when i do synthesis for these two designs simultaneously, my issue is

whether or not these two design in DC synthesis process have an interaction? and then it will effect the synthesis results of two designs?

am i clear?

3ks
regards
drizzle

about DC tool

hello Drizzle

I could understand of wat ur talking about. may be u want to run different design at the same time using a single system.
This is possible coz EDA tools run on either unix or linux systems but , how fast it is depends on the many factors like the system speed and no. of DC licenses u have.
So if ur running ur scripst on UNIX terminal u can run any number of scripts but depends on how many DC licenses ur can use at any single time.
So in each terminal u can run a script for different design. so try to open 2 different termilans with 2 diff scripts . I am sure they will run simul .. but will be very slow in giving resuls.

BEST OF lUCK

let me know if I am wrong

Suresh

drizzle

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

research is absolutely correct

i do work in this way , as said it maily depends on available licences.

1. You cannot have One Design Compiler license do 2 synthesis simultaneously
However if you have 2 licenses, then invoking DC two different times will be entirely independent of each other.
2. One caution: If you are using previously 'analyzed' designs from a library, then doing 2 synthesis on two different designs using two different tcl scripts may cause a problem, if the two designs use the same 'analyzed' library. This will only happen when both designs are using a subdesign with same name and different functionality.
Kr,
Avi
http://www.vlsiip.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back