Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Does core pads need to be connected to core power before power planning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

praneshcn

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Is there any rule that the core pads have to be connected to core power ring once the core power ring is created without fail and tat it cannot be done after completing power planning completely. if so why?

Also when we are creating vertical and horizontal strapes in the core should we give any preference as to which layer to create first. if so why?

thankz

Re: Power Planning

praneshcn said:
Hi,

Is there any rule that the core pads have to be connected to core power ring once the core power ring is created without fail and tat it cannot be done after completing power planning completely. if so why?

Also when we are creating vertical and horizontal strapes in the core should we give any preference as to which layer to create first. if so why?

thankz

There is no rule like that to connect core pads before completing powerplan. But i hope u decided number of core pads and core pads locations before estimating the powerplan. I mean.. core ring width and strap width estimation.

Generally metal2 is preferred for vertical straps. since rail will be in metal1 so it will avoid u using large amount of stack vias.

Thanks

Regards
Shankar

Power Planning

We use upper layers for power stripes and power rings we don't use metal 2 bcz the resistanc will be high
correct me if i am wrong
bye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back