Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Does anyone know of a humidity sensor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlatinumT

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I was looking for a humidity sensor to make a circuit to monitor the humidity level in my computer case. Im sure there are some Im just having trouble finding one. I would really like one that had a analog output.

Thanks

Hi,
Check sensirion's web site.It is very easy to use with common mcu's like Pic16F877 ;)

Analyzer.

yes, sensirion's /www.sensirion.com/ SHT-11 is a good choice it is combined temperature-humidity sensor.

Thanks alot! I just ordered a sample. One question though. Is the output an analog voltage or serial?

sensor

hi,
a paper about humidity sensor.

hope help you.

PlatinumT said:
Thanks alot! I just ordered a sample. One question though. Is the output an analog voltage or serial?

it's totally digital (= serial) !
you can find lots of examples on the net to attach it to your parallel port, or you can use some microcontroler of your choice to do the measure and the calcs !

sensiron using serial communication, 3 wire. i believe their humidty sensors can also measure temperature, which is a handy "all in one" feature. make sure you check the number of Tx/Rx bits per window to determine if you can use a microcontrollers on board serial communication pins.

sometimes these serial communication devices work on Odd numbers, like 17bits, and you have to write your own custom code to Tx/Rx. this is a very simple programming exercise.

an ANALOG temperature sensor can be ordered from w*w.microchip.com

i believe the part number is: TC620 or TC621
by connecting series resistors to these devices you can set the Hi/Low alarm settings of the temperature sensor. i know you wanted humidity sensor, but you should also do temperature. this is because humidty is greatly affected by temperature, so you need to have some sort of *temperature compensated* humidty measurement if you want any sort of accuracy. i do not know if microchip also makes analog humidty sensors. let me know if they do :)

Mr.Cool

honeywell

hi,
here is another humidity sensor from honeywell.
**broken link removed**
it has an analog output and works well.

greetings,
hqqh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back