Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

does anyone know how to implement global clock gating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

u24c02

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

Does anyone know how to implement global clock gating in RTL.

What if i want clock gating in RTL, block by block or instance by instance, what am i do in this scale(each huge function blocks clock gating or instance clock gating)

Basic idea:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clock_gating

As to how to gate the clock in your design, it is heavily dependent on the specific design functions, features, architecture, etc.
You need to elaborate your design and requirement more before anyone could help you in detail.

Thanks for reply.
I just want know in especially special case.
But it seems to need detail, i will post this ASAP.

Also i just want to know how to increase gated number in this.

Clock gating summary
---------------------------------------------------------------
Number of clock gating elements 39
Number of gated registers 733(43.50%)
Number of ungated registers 952 (56.50%)
Total number of registers 1685
---------------------------------------------------------------

The point of my question is that is there any method directly assign clock gating in my design?
( i want to implement only my assigned clock gating point
In rtl design.)

Last edited:

I replied you on another thread:
https://www.edaboard.com/threads/317883/

You may want to put more FCGC (fine-clock-gating-cell) by adding enable signals into your sequential process.
This is only related to most dynamic clock-gating, meaning that the clock driving the paticular flops may not toggle unless the "enable" logic releases the gating for the flops.

Apart form that, for large design, usually a clock tree is architected to allow multiple sub modules to be clock-gated or even powered-off. If you also need this part of clock gating, you need to study your design, partition it properly in a way that some funtions may be clock-gated under some user-modes.

Thanks reply.
Yes. as your answer, i can figure out from dynamic clock gating.
But i just want to know how to handle above specially design?
I'm not tell you other design. I just tell you especially above(linked) design.not general methodology.
Does make it sense?

Hi All,
Does anyone know how to implement HTree in encounter automatically. Please share any useful doc if possible.
Thanks and Regards,
Nitin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back