Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Does anyone have the schematic for a Tagan BZ700 PSU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pjdd

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Does anyone happen to have a circuit diagram (schematic) of a Tagan BZ700 PSU (SMPS) that they can share? I searched but had no luck.

One of two MOSFETs in the PFC circuit blew about 5 years ago. Not having the exact type, I replaced both with a similar type and it's been running fine, 10-16 hours a day every day, until one blew again last month. On both occasions, the transistor blew when there was a severe power fluctuation and the UPS kicked in and out in rapid succession.

The first time it happened, the PSU simply became inoperative. This time it took out the fuse in my UPS along with it. I replaced the transistors again but the PSU stays dead (but no longer shorted).

If this had happened 20 years ago, I'd have simply traced the circuit and drawn the diagram, but my eyes aren't up to it anymore. You know how congested PSU boards are and, frankly, I've become lazier with age. Can anyone please help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back