Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Does anyone have ever used ADC chips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaan

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ads12xx

Hi everyone
Recently I am develping a system based on AT89C52,everything goes well except that,I can not find out an appropriate ADC chip for my system,'cause the specification of the ADC chip I require sounds somewhat difficult to reach:
1.multi channels
2.12 bit resolution or upper
3.serial interface
4.internal voltage reference
so does anyone can give recommendation?
would be appreciated!

I know pic mcus of microchip and aduc8xx of analog device can meet your require.

I have used Analog Devices ADCs and they are fast and reliable and has the features u want.
brmadhukar

You forgot to mention the necessary converting time. If it is not relevant, then the
best choice are Sigma-Delta ADC's from Analog Devices AD77xx series or Texas Instruments ADS11xx and ADS12xx series.

Varuzhan

Hi,
Depending on what you want to do, and how accurate your 12bits needs are, the sampling rate of the device and how many channels you want, te accuracy of your internal reference.

All these are vital informations for the choice of a ADC, you can find 100s of different 12bits ADCs on the market that has the spec you mentioned here, but you can make it easer to search for an ADC if you have more precise specificaiton of your needs.

Take a look at Maxim, TI and AnalogDevices, other easy source of search is the DigiKey and Mouser in the US and Elfa in Sweden, they have a wide range of components that makes your search easier and ordering them much faster.

Good luck with your search,
/Farhad

I used max132. Its not very fast but its very accurate (18bit ADC). Its work very nice and its have serial interface.

Look on maxim site for more info.

Mr.Cube

Phillips makes I2C ones I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.