Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Does anyone have a PCB design of a 1000w amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enzy

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need a Mono amplifier to play 4 15" 600rms 8 ohm speakers I want the amp to be 2 channel so I can add speakers in pairs for 4 ohms, I need it for myself but at the same time I am practing to etch so thats what I really want to do aswell.

Class D is a popular type, for those who want power and efficiency.

This simple example is in the Circuits menu of Falstad's animated interactive simulator. Modified so the load is a 4 ohm speaker.

class D audio amplifier 4 ohm 100W.png

If you want 600W then your power supply needs a much greater voltage.

Sorry, no pcb design.

I need a Mono amplifier to play 4 15" 600rms 8 ohm speakers I want the amp to be 2 channel so I can add speakers in pairs for 4 ohms, I need it for myself but at the same time I am practing to etch so thats what I really want to do aswell.

If you want 2 channel, it could as well be a stereo; a stereo is a good choice because you can also have a balance and volume control for independent channels. If you wish, you can also add a bass speaker - also called 2.1 configuration but you will be needing a frequency cross over board.

The power supply will be more bulky and you need to pay some attention to the details. Voltage regulation in the power supply is not really so critical but if you want 1000W RMS capability, you need to plan for a 1500W power supply. Speakers can be put in parallel for greater power.

Why don't you design the PCB yourself? Audio circuits are not really so fussy and there are plenty of free tools (I like the PCB from the geda) that can produce professional quality PCBs. It will be certainly a rewarding experience.

your correct about the stereo but in my case I just need it for bass though so mono is ok, I would have to build 2 designs of the same amp. I normally build circuits on vero board, im very new to pcb and etching and designing boards is a problem to me I can draw up the schematic in a software and convert it to pcb but when it comes down to the layer section I have no idea about what I should put on each layer. I actually wanted something soon that is working, in time I will fool around and do my own, for now it would be good if I could get a full design, nothing complex and has a pcb design.

"Homemade" PCBs are mostly single sides but few have actually attempted double sides and still fewer have succeeded with a PTH technology! A Basic audio amplifier can be done with a single layer (solderside) only.

In simple language, it means that I do not know where to find the PCB design for a 1000W audio amplifier. As BradtheRad did mention in post 2, the most complex (class D) and the most modern (again the class D) are the simplest and the most efficient. You can actually make it on a decent perf board (yes, the boards with small holes all over) and the layout is not really critical.

Use more efficient 15" drivers and use a much lower power amp is the best solution..... I have 4 x 15" in my home stereo driven from a 60W amp, plenty of SPL, in fact it can go far too loud so why such a big amp....
I use 4 of these... 98.6dB 2.83V/m If I used 92.6dB 2.83V/m drivers I would have to use a 240W amp to get the same sound pressure output.

I know I can make it on Vero boards or perf boards as you call it and I have been doing that for years I just wish to learn etching and do it I don't see whats wrong with doing something else, It takes me very long to do it on those boards so I wish to use etching as an alternate method which looks better to me and more professional. If I am to build a class D amp I would still need a schematic of the actual amp remember I am not a pro like you guys so I am just asking for assistance to something which could drive the speakers I need it for an outdoor event and I need to to play bass speakers.

- - - Updated - - -

Its not about me using more efficient speakers I have speakers of a specific rating and I need an amplifier to play them, Its not small scale like an indoor set up like what you have I am doing an outdoor setup

Power amps here up to 2500w on the first page.

Hi,

Two 600W paralleled 8 ohm speakers make 1200W at 4 ohm.

P = I × I × R.
I = sqrt (P / R) = about 17A rms. About 24A peak.

U = about 70V rms, about 100V peak.

Both values need careful design.
The voltage is dangerously high. Nothing to play with. You need to design this according the safety regulations of your country.

The ammount of power is dangerous. If something goes wrong it may catch fire.

Definitely no project for a beginner.

I recommend to buy a cheap one from ebay.

Klaus

true if I was to design it myself it would be dangerous but since I have been bilding them for a long while now thats the easier part, I came here because I was seeking assistance of a more experienced professional, if they have a design already made on a pcb that I could use, seems no one understands that but its ok ill check around then.

Once you decide on a particular scheme, it is easier for us to comment on the specific features. However, if I were to suggest you one, then it becomes my project and your choice and freedom gets curtailed. It is always better that you make the first and final decision and we can pitch in with our comments and criticisms. Warning are not discouragements. We must point out various safety aspects to all prospective hobbyists. Electricity is a good servant but a bad master.

It seems like a god link but I cannot view any circuits becauseyou do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Perhaps you need to register? Perhaps they need to manually activate the account?

Yes, I too agree that it is a good forum and links are good but I did not try more than that. I shall try and be back...

I too get the same message, even after registration and activation.

Last edited:

As you plan to drive four speakers, have you thought about building four 250 watt amplifiers ?

Maybe build active speakers and put the amplifiers inside the speaker boxes. Then for outdoor use, you can just keep adding more active speakers.
Six would give you 1,500 watts etc...
Or stereo, its a far more flexible system for really high power, and there is some redundancy if one box spits the dummy.

That will be difficult enough, but its a much more manageable project.

If you are making it on circuit boards, it just as easy to make four as to make one.

Status
Not open for further replies.