Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Does anybody know how to simulate loopgain using HSPICE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcaocn

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi guys,

My professor required us to do it using LTSPICE, which has a testbench for calculating loopgain in feedback.

Does anybody know how to do it in Hspice? If someone can share a piece of netlist, that will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Pls do AC analysis and break the loop with big inductor(>1GH) and inject a AC source into it.

Reactions: xdy83

xdy83

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
This item has been discussed extensively and very often within this forum.
Please, spend some minutes for searching here or via google.

Sorry for my laziness, I will do it. So sorry...
Thanks anyway.

No problem. However, if you have a specific question in this context (because sometimes it can be a tricky task) you can/should try it again here.

in new version hspice, it has stb analysis

hi guys,

My professor required us to do it using LTSPICE, which has a testbench for calculating loopgain in feedback.

Does anybody know how to do it in Hspice? If someone can share a piece of netlist, that will be appreciated.

Thanks.

You can use LSTB analysis (last version of HSPICE supports it).
Here is example. Break the loop with DC voltage source (dc=0) and add this line to your deck .LSTB mode=single vsource=V[voltage source name] (must use with AC analysis).
And for probing use following
· .probe AC LSTB(db) LSTB(p)
· .measure LSTB gm gain_margin
· .measure LSTB pm phase_margin
· .measure LSTB adc loop_gain_minifreq
· .measure LSTB f0 unity_gain_freq

Status
Not open for further replies.